Thai steamed salmon
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time approx 10 to 30 mins
1 bunch coriander, washed
12 mint leaves
1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp salt
1 large red chilli, finely chopped
juice of 2 limes
1 tbsp nam pla (fish sauce)
2 x 175g/6oz salmon fillets
4 bok choi, cut in half lengthways
basmati rice, washed in cold water until the water runs clear
1 chilli, finely sliced
1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
1 lime, cut into wedges
1. In a food processor blend together the coriander leaves and stalks, the mint leaves, ginger, garlic, salt, chilli, lime juice and fish sauce and process until smooth.
2. Place the salmon fillets in a shallow dish and pour over half of the sauce. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
3. Pour the rice into a pan of boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions.
4. Turn on the steamer and place the bok choi on the bottom layer. Place the marinated salmon fillets in the top half of the steamer and cook for 6- 8 minutes until the fish
is just cooked and the bok choi is tender.
5. Drain the rice and stir through the sliced chilli and roughly chopped coriander. Season with salt and divide between serving plates.
6. Remove the salmon and bok choi from the steamer and arrange on top of the rice. Pour the reserved sauce over the salmon and serve immediately with a wedge of lime.