Smoked Salmon and Dill Pate Delight
Preparation time 30 mins to 1 hour
Cooking time no cooking required
bunch of fresh dill
3 slices smoked salmon
170g/6oz smoked salmon trimmings
2 anchovy fillets, drained
125g/4˝oz tub rich cream cheese
2 tbsp creamed horseradish
˝ lemon, juice only
freshly ground black pepper
rocket or lamb's lettuce
1. Line six small dishes with cling film - lightly wet the inside to help the cling film stick.
2. Use a large piece of cling film that overhangs, which can be used to cover the top.
3. Arrange a small sprig of dill in the base of each small dish.
4. Using the small dishes as a guide cut six discs from the smoked salmon slices and line the base of the dishes on top of the dill and cling film.
5. Blend the smoked salmon trimmings and anchovy fillets together in a processor until finely chopped.
6. Add the cream cheese, horseradish, remaining dill, lemon juice and pepper.
7. Blend again in the processor until all ingredients ao far are combined.
8. Spoon mixture into the dishes and level the top.
9. Cover with cling film and chill until ready to serve.
10 To serve: Arrange fresh rocket or lamb's lettuce on individual plates, undo the cling film over the top and pull slightly so the base is released. Invert
onto the rocket and remove the cling film.
11. Serve at room temperature with warm brown toast.